My mom’s health has been on the decline over the last six months. I don’t speak about it often, because there are people with bigger problems out there. Due to my mom’s COPD she has been choking a lot more often, especially in her sleep. It’s not news to any of you that I am her caretaker and as such, I need to be “there” for her as much as possible. Without physically sleeping in her room, it was hard to get to her in time. It’s scary waking up to go to the restroom and hear your mom gasping for air in the middle of the night. I knew we had to do something, and VTech had exactly what I needed. No kidding folks. Acquiring the VTech Safe&Sound® DM271-110 DECT 6.0 Digital Audio Baby Monitor with Open/Closed & Motion Sensors came at the best timing ever. The VTech Digital Audio Monitor has been a literal lifesaver for the past three weeks.
Thanks to amazing audio it has I have been able to get to my mom as soon as I hear her coughing. I have been able to tend to her before she loses her breath and begins to gasp for air. I don’t wish this illness on anyone, ever! The gasping is so scary. I don’t mind being woken up at night, as long as I know that I still have my mom in the morning. When I’m away for travel, my husband carried the monitor around and was eager to help when I couldn’t. The audio quality is amazingly clear and sharp, which I was impressed with.
The VTech Digital Audio Monitor has also come in handy during the day when we have in the kid’s playroom or when we’re outside and the boys are inside (these kids NEVER want to go outside! #badparentingmoment I know!) I’ve always been impressed with any VTech product we’ve ever owned. I still remember my first VTech learning computer, and since then I’ve been a fan. VTech truly understands what parents need in a monitoring device or any device that has to do with the well-being of your family. Here are some cool specs regarding the VTech Digital Audio Monitor.
VTech Digital Audio Monitor Specs:
If you’re looking to use this audio monitor for a baby or your children here’s some important features about it:
- VTech’s Safe&Sound DM271-110 Digital Audio Baby Monitor comes with ULE (Ultra Low Energy) smart sensors – Open/Closed and Motion – making it easier than ever for parents to keep a close ear on baby as s/he becomes more mobile.
- With the monitor’s ULE sensors, parents can easily go about their day while also monitoring “off-limit” areas such as cabinets, doors, and other open spaces, receiving notifications directly to the parent unit.
- The DM271-110 monitor comes standard with DECT 6.0 digital technology to ensure the most secure connection, letting you rest assured that the only sounds you – and only you – will hear are your child’s.
- All VTech baby monitors come equipped with up to 1,000 feet of wireless range, so parents can stay connected as they go about their daily to-do list from anywhere in the house.
- The monitor also features a two-way, talk-back intercom, built-in belt clip and up to 1,000 feet of range, so you can stay connected from any room in the house as you go about your day.
- The DM271-110 baby unit doubles as a glow-on-ceiling night light that projects the moon and stars onto the ceiling, and can be easily adjusted to best suit your nursery. Plus, the DM271-110 can play a gentle lullaby to help soothe your little one during nap time.
Some more specs and features include:
- Open/closed and motion sensors
- Glow-on-ceiling night light with lullaby
- 1,000 feet of range
- Back-lit display on the parent unit
- Talk-back intercom
- Vibrating sound-alert on the parent unit
- Temperature sensor
- Adjustable projection angle
- DECT 6.0 digital technology
- ULE (Ultra Low Energy) technology
- Rechargeable battery with low-battery alert on the parent unit
- 5-level sound indicator
- Secure audio transmission
- Belt clip
- Volume control
- Battery type – 2.4V 750mAh Ni-MH
I honestly couldn’t feel more confident than I do with the VTech Digital Audio Monitor. It has offered me peace of mind for looking after my mom, my kids, and my pets. You can purchase the VTech Digital Audio Monitor at VTech’s website or on Amazon. It retails for $119.95 and I promise you, it’s worth every penny!
**Disclosure: This post is sponsored by VTech and The Motherhood. However all opinions are 100% my own. **