Holiday parties are bountiful this time of year, and whether it’s an informal office party or a black tie event, you need to find the perfect cocktail dress!
We’re going to be heading out to some parties, and I realized that with all the weight I lost, the dresses I do have are now more like smocks!
I will never look like the model below, but that is the dress that I have set my eyes on. It’s pretty, modern, jovial, yet modest.
Here are a few tips on how to find the perfect cocktail dress for holiday parties
Now cocktail dresses could be from any category really. You can choose from the evening gown category, and what if I told you that you can actually get cheap evening dresses? Well, if you didn’t now you know!
Length of Dress
The first thing you need to decide is if you want long or short. By this I mean, do you want a long flowing dress, or do you want a more comfortable knee length dress?
Sleeves or Sleeveless?
You should also think about what kind of sleeves you want. Will you be wearing a jacket or a shawl? All of these things can help determine the best dress for you.
Black or Colorful?
The perfect cocktail dress is also a representation of your personality. I’m a somber person, so I love Black (or is it because I’m a Scorpio and I’m mysterious?) Whatever your personality is, the dress you choose is sure to help you bring it out.
In the end the choice is ultimately yours. Here are a few tips to remember though:
- If you’re bust heavy or pleasantly plump, opt for an empire waist line. It will take the attention away from the areas you don’t like.
- If you opt for a sleeveless dress buy a matching bolero jacket or a shawl. It’s winter-time ladies, you’re going to be cold!
- Don’t over accessorize! A necklace, earrings, and simple bangle should do it. Or just a necklace and a clutch. Simple is beautiful
- If you’re in your 30’s or 40’s don’t get super colorful or a multicolored dress. Be Sophisticatedly beautiful!
- Don’t buy a dress you can only wear once! Buy one that you can wear again and again…multi-occassion is totally in!
I hope these tips have helped you out with your dress picking decisions.