Disclosure: Thank you Lunchbox for Sponsoring this post. As always all opinions are 100% my own.
You must have done a double look when you saw the title: Coconut Creme Caffé Latte with McCafé at home. Well let me tell you that it’s not a misspelling, it’s not a typo, and no you’re not seeing things.
You can in fact pick up McCafé at a Walmart near you. There are lots of options to choose from too!
- 8 flavors to choose from (lots of options)
- Ground – 12 oz bags: Premium Roast, Breakfast Blend, French Roast, Colombian, Premium Roast Decaf, and French Vanilla, Hazelnut
- Whole Bean – 12 oz bag: Bean French Roast
- Pods – 18 pack: Premium Roast, French Roast, and Premium Roast Decaf
Just like good coffee should be McCafé Coffee is made with 100% Arabica Beans and they are harvested from the rich soils and mountainous regions of the foremost coffee-growing areas of the world.
Knowing that I could now brew my favorite coffee at home, I decided to stop by Walmart and pick up McCafé French Roast. Unfortunately they were out of the whole bean bags so I picked up the ground. I would have gotten the pods too, but I had a different idea in mind.
I had some coconut creme left over from some Virgin Piña Coladas we made a couple of weekends ago, and I thought, “Aha! Coconut Creme Caffé Latte!” My mother’s eyes grew big, and so did my husband’s. I knew it was going to be a hit. Now let me tell you that there is absolutely nothing wrong with a regular caffé latte, but to add a little extra flavor can really make for an experience to share!
I take pride in my caffés, I really do. I always try for the tri-layer effect. I think it looks gorgeous, and you get a sense of pride knowing you can be just as good as a barista in Europe!
A caffé latte consists of more milk than it does coffee. It’s perfect for a late evening or a cold afternoon. Here is how I made my Coconut Creme latte.
- I took the McCafé French Roast Grounds, and passed it through my coffee grinder for an espresso grind (extra finely ground).
- I prepared it for the espresso machine, and made ONLY ONE shot of coffee.
- Set the coffee aside and prep the espresso machine to steam. Steam about 2oz. of milk. – when coffee steams, the extra water from the steam adds more fluid to it.
- On the bottom of your latte mug (cup, glass, etc.) place about 1 1/2oz. of coconut creme.
- Add the steamed milk to the mug, but try to keep the foam in your steamer cup.
- Add the espresso and give it a quick stir
- Top the latte with the foam.
- Pair it with a lovely piece of spice cake and enjoy!
If you’re a coffee aficionado like I am, then you should definitely take this quiz from McCafé !
Definitely take the quiz, and take a bag or pods of your favorite McCafé Coffee flavor home, and start experimenting with new drinks, or even recipes!
Stay tuned for a new McCafe recipe coming up shortly, it has to do with a rub and steak, and oh you’ll see!