You know how much we love to cook and a couple of weeks ago our grocery store was having a phenomenal Spanish Festival and there was cured chorizo, mussels, clams, shrimp, calamari – it was all on sale! Folks, saffron was on sale! I mean the real deal saffron! Needless to say, I stocked up, came home and made the best Paella this side of the Atlantic! It was delicious, and I promised a bunch of my friends that I would post the recipe, of course, life happens, and I completely forgot until I made it again last night.
Now I have to admit, I’m a messy cook, and the everyone else here are messy eaters. There are times when I want to tie garbage bags to their shirts – go on and laugh – I did as I pictured it! I’m going to give you this easy paella recipe and then I’m going to go over some easy cleanup tips that will make family meal time much more enjoyable!
- Spanish Chorizo - Sliced
- 1 Onion - Diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic - Minced
- 12 Jumbo Shrimp - Cleaned
- 12 Clams
- 12 Mussels
- 1 lb calamari cut into rings
- 1 Pinch Saffron Threads
- 1 TSP Smoked Spanish Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Cup White Cooking Wine
- 3 Cups Chicken or Fish Stock
- 3 TBSP Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Arborio Rice
- In a 16 inch Paella Pan add the olive oil and heat until shimmery
- Add the onion and cook until they are see through
- Then add the garlic. Let the garlic cook until light golden brown
- Add the wine and let it boil down a little - about 2-3 minutes
- Add the rice and stir continuously for 3 minutes
- Add the stock, saffron, paprika, and salt & pepper
- Bring to a boil and add the seafood.
- Uncovered place into the oven at 400 degrees and cook for 30 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender
- Serve with a nice glass of wine and crusty bread.
Yep, it’s that easy and so delicious! As I mentioned earlier, I’m a messy cook when prepping for meals. It literally doesn’t matter what I’m cooking there’s bound to be a mess – usually on the counter or the table – oh ok there’s a mess everywhere! When we eat there are napkins, spills, sometimes even broken dishes – it’s fun eating at our house! However, I learned early on that keeping a trash bag nearby is key to an easy clean up and food prep.
So you can just imagine the stench that seafood can cause if not discarded of right away, this is why I love my trusty Glad® OdorShield® kitchen bags!
Here are the main reasons why I love them so much:
- 5-day Odor Control guaranteed (even the most perceptive noses won’t notice the trash)
- Neutralizes odors while leaving behind the fresh original scent of Gain™
- Reinforcing bags help add strength to help you avoid trash disasters
- No need for compensating behaviors like wrapping trash to hide the smell
- Available in a variety of scents
5 Easy Prep and Meal Clean Up Tips:
- Have a bowl nearby. I do this so that as I prep my veggies or meats, I place them immediately into the bowl and off my counter.
- Have a trash can nearby. As you chop and clean your veggies or meats, you can easily and quickly discard the garbage without having to go across the room to the trash can leaking yuck all over the place.
- Tie a trash bag to a chair. Tying a bag to an unused chair during meal times makes clean up easier.
- Wash as you go. No need to have the dishes pile up after a meal. It’s easier to wash your prep dishes, pots, pans, and bowls right after prepping them.
- Use paper plates. I still set the table as usual, but I do use paper plates quite often. Hardly anything to wash up afterward and everything can go right into the trash!
Use these tips when you’re preparing the Paella and you will thank me! Be sure to pick up your Glad OdorShield kitchen bags at any grocery retailer. CLICK HERE to save up to $2.00! You can save $0.75 on any one Glad OdorShield Trash Bag (15ct. and higher) OR Share the coupon offer and save $2 on any one Glad OdorShield Trash Bags (15ct. and higher).
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Glad. The opinions and text are all mine.