Here’s a fun craft that you can do with the kids. This Valentine’s Heart Thumbprint Canvas makes for a great Valentine’s Day gifts for a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, etc. There’s nothing wrong with a little controlled mess, so check it out below and have fun!
● 1 8×10 canvas
● 1 piece of cardstock
● 3 or more colors of craft paint
● Paper plate
1. Begin by cutting your cardstock to the same length as your canvas. This way you can ensure that the heart you cut out will not be longer than the canvas itself.
2. Fold the cardstock in half and cut out a heart by freehand. You can also print out a template if you prefer, but the original look you get from making a freehand heart gives a nice touch to the craft.
3. Tape down the heart to the center of your canvas. You can use any tape to do this.
4. Place each color of paint in a different portion of a paper plate. You will be dipping your thumb into the paint, so make sure to spread the colors far enough apart so they don’t mix.
5. Begin by dipping your thumb in one color of paint and place painted thumbprint marks all over the canvas outside of the heart shape at various intervals.
6. Repeat step 5 with the remaining two colors of paint until the canvas is full of color outside of your heart shape.
7. At the end, you can slowly peel up the tape pieces surrounding your heart shape and place a painted thumbprint down so that there will not be a break in the heart shape where the tape was.
8. Let your canvas dry and display as decor in your home or give it as a gift to a friend or loved one.
These will be so much fun to make and give as gifts! Don’t ya’ll think?