On the East Coast, it’s still summer, and families are still vacationing – plenty of time before Labor Day and the beginning of the school year. If you’re looking for a new family vacation spot this year, then you don’t need to look any further than Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites in Ocean City, Maryland.
As a matter of fact, they just rolled out a plethora of free events and activities for kids, adults, and families! Check them out below:
- Mad Hatter Tea Party – An “Alice In Wonderland” inspired dress up event. Takes place daily from 3:00pm to 4:00pm in the hotel’s lobby.
- Calling all Mermaids – Swimming, face painting, stories, and photo ops with the hotel’s team of mermaids. Tuesdays from 1:00pm to 2:00 pm at the pool.
- Sand Castle Club – Buckets, shovels, and useful tips are provided to help youngsters design their own turrets and towers. Mondays from 10:00am to 11:00 am on the beach.
- LEGO® Pirate Treasure & Scavenger Hunt – A journey throughout the hotel to find the Lost Treasure Chest, with all participants receiving special LEGO® prizes and photo ops with Redbeard, official pirate of Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites. Thursdays from 10:30am to 11:00am, beginning in the lobby.
- Barre on the Deck – A strengthening class that sculpts, balances, and energizes while overlooking the ocean. Tuesdays from 8:00am to 9:00am on the deck. RSVP with Guest Services to reserve a spot.
- Sunrise Yoga on the Beach – A combination of Hatha and Vinyasa yoga for all levels of participants. Thursdays from 7:30am to 8:30am on the beach. RSVP with Guest Services to reserve a spot.
- Beach Bootcamp – A high intensity, full body workout for all fitness levels. Saturdays from 8:00am to 9:00am on the beach. RSVP with Guest Services to reserve a spot.
- Coffee with a View – Freshly brewed coffee to begin the day. Daily from sunrise to 9:00am in the lobby and veranda.
- Signature Afternoon Tea – A traditional snack of tea and freshly made crumpets that were started by the hotel’s founder, Thelma Conner. Daily from 3:00pm to 4:00pm in the lobby.
- Family Beach Olympics – Events include sand castle contests, tug-of-war, relay games, and more. Tuesdays from 6:30pm to 8:30pm on the beach.
- Movies on the Beach – Mondays and Fridays at 8:30pm on the beach.
- Family Photo Op – Complimentary family portraits courtesy of Telescope Pictures, a local photographer. Wednesdays 4:00pm to 6:00pm on the beach.
- Corn Hole Tournament – Winning teams will be invited back for an end of summer “Battle of the Corn” Bash, and will also receive prizes and discounts on future stays. Sundays from 7:00pm to 8:00pm on the lawn of the Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites.
- Beach Crafts and Cupcakes – Lessons in how to make mermaid crowns, candy leis, coconut postcards, and cupcakes. Fridays from 10:00am to 11:00am in the Verrazano Ballroom.
- Flamingo Pool Party – Wet and wild fun with flamingo floaties, Tropical Pink Flamingo Punch, and a DJ dance party. Saturdays from 3:00pm to 5:00pm at the Dunes Court pool.
- Piano Sing-Along – Specially priced martinis at the Zippy Lewis Lounge and music from legendary Dunes Manor entertainer Shirley Toms, who performs oldies, show tunes, and nostalgic classics. Wednesday through Sunday from 7:00pm to 11:00pm in the lobby.
All of the Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites’ activities are free for hotel guests, as well as guests of the Dunes Court Hotel, throughout the month of August. No registration or RSVP is required unless noted. For more information, contact Tracy Rice (firstname.lastname@example.org, 410.289.1100 X5288).
About Dunes Hotel & Suites:
Located right on the boardwalk and built in the grand style of Ocean City’s Victorian era, the Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites – which is ranked #5 in TripAdvisor’s customer reviews of 103 hotels in the market – offers a one of a kind experience in Ocean City, MD. Our magnificent beachfront views make the Dunes Manor the ideal getaway where you can relax and unwind after exploring everything that Ocean City has to offer.