It’s still muggy, humid, and super hot out there. The last thing you want to do is fire up your oven and make the inside of your house even hotter. A few Summers ago, my husband made a delicious, quick and easy skillet meal. The smoked sausage pasta skillet was and still is a great hit in our house.
It’s a light and healthy dish, and definitely inexpensive to make. It’s also a definite crowd pleaser. We all have those days when we don’t want to cook, and if we have to, it better be quick.
If you’re having one of those days, this is definitely the recipe to make. So check it out below print, save it, ad then make it for your family. I promise you, no one will be disappointed.
Smoked Sausage Pasta Skillet Recipe
- 1lb bowtie pasta
- 1 lb smoked sausage or kielbasa (same thing right?)
- 1 8oz can of diced tomatoes and green chillies (undrined)
- 1 medium-large onion diced or sliced (whatever your preference is)
- 4 cloves of garlic minced (we're Italian, we like lots of garlic)
- 1 4oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. marjoram
- 1 tsp. oregano
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. EVOO
- Add the olive oil to the skillet let it heat up and add your onions.
- Saute the onion until translucent and then add your garlic.
- Saute until golden brown and then add your sausage saute and sweat it for about 5-6 minutes. This allows the flavors of the veggies to marry with the sausage and vice-versa.
- At this point bring a 5qt pot to a boil for your pasta.
- Then add your diced tomatoes and chillies, and tomato sauce, salt, and herbs to your skillet.
- Bring to a boil, then turn your heat down to a simmer for the duration of the pasta cooking in your other pot.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Add the sausage to the pasta.
- Mix with a wooden spoon, turn the heat down to low and let simmer for about 2-3 minutes. What this process does is, it allows the sauce to attach itself to the pasta and marrying all the flavors together.
- Turn the heat off and serve! Top with Parmesan cheese if you'd like and enjoy!
What is your favorite quick dinner solutions? What easy recipes do you all have to share?