Relocating to a different country can be difficult, especially if you don’t have a dependable form of transportation. Many people also think that you need to be a U.S. Citizen in order to be eligible for a loan. While many business professionals rent their vehicles, others may be permanently staying or have a longer stay period than just a month. You may be new to the United States, but you can buy a car, and Boardwalk Dealership has experience getting you on the road.
What Will You Need As a Foreign Professional
The reality is, you need legal paperwork to get a loan. Here is a list of the documentation you will need when you visit the dealership
- Signed Credit Application
- The United States Social Security Card or copy of a letter from the Social Security Administration including the assigned Social Security Number
- Copy of Visa with the expiration date (with picture blacked out). Call Boardwalk Volkswagen for your options if you plan to extend your stay past the date on your Visa, and have wanted a longer loan term.
- Three personal references from individuals residing in the U.S.
- Monthly payment must not exceed 25% of your income before tax
- Verifiable gross income must be greater than $45,000
- Verification of residence and phone number (Boardwalk commonly uses utility bills)
- Letter from employer stating applicants position, hire date, income, and length of stay in the U.S.
While it is a lengthy list, it’s for your protection. A social security number is always given to employees working in the United States who have a Visa. Relocating is already hard, and you shouldn’t have to worry about not being able to get around.
Get your paperwork together and get that vehicle. You’ll be so happy you did.
So, if you’re ready to purchase a new vehicle today and truly experience the U.S, as it should be, visit Boardwalk Dealership!