Cough and Congestion Season
Yup, we’ve finally reached that season! Around here, we’ve been coughing, sneezing, and wheezing. With how busy we’ve been, unpacking and getting ready for our craft show, there’s no time to see a doctor!
And just what happens when there’s no time to run out to the doctor? You make a natural remedy! Not only does this remedy taste great, but it helps soothe your cough and congestion. I promise your whole family will love it!
This tea you will be making has natural ingredients like, honey, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and lemon.
- 4-5 Lemons
- 5 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 8 cups Filtered Water
- Cut your lemons in half and juice them. Be sure to remove the pips.
- In a large stock pot add your water, cinnamon sticks and lemon juice. Also add the lemon halves you juiced.
- Stir in the honey and bring to a boil.
- Allow to boil for 10 minutes. (This is called infusion)
- Bring the heat down to low and let the mixture simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot. (Allow to cool down enough so that no one gets burned)
- You may notice that the tea may still be a little bitter when you drink it. To help the bitterness you can add more honey if you'd like.
How Do These Ingredients Help
Every fruit, vegetable, seasonings, etc. that we have in our homes, all have natural healing properties. Here’s how the ingredients used in this tea help soothe your cough and congestion:
Lemon is high in Vitamin C and antioxidant and helps build up your immune system. Due to the fact that is also high in acid it helps to heal and fight certain bacteria that may be causing your cough and sore throat.
Cinnamon is a natural analgesic and helps to soothe your sore throat.
Natural Organic Honey is rich in antioxidants and helps boost your immune system as well.
If you drink this tea twice a day for a week, you will begin to notice how much better you’re feeling.