**Disclosure: Adventures of the Mommy Homemaker received product or compensation to help facilitate this post. All opinions and ideas are 100% my own.**
Approaching Prom Season
Prom season is quickly approaching, and your daughter is talking your head off about this color, that color, this style and that, strapless, off the shoulder, one shoulder etc.
Don’t panic! I’m going to give you some quick tips that will help the both of you succeed!
I’m also going to introduce you to Jen Jen House. The site is filled with dresses from all categories, including celebrity inspired ones.
The dress pictured above was one of my favorites, I guess if I cold be anyone I would be a princess, and the dress reminded me of a princess.
Go ahead and check out all the prom dresses they have available! http://www.jenjenhouse.com/Prom-Dresses-c18/
Tips on How to Choose the Perfect Prom Dress
Length of Dress
The first thing you need to decide is if you want long or short. By this I mean, do you want a long flowing dress, or do you want a more comfortable knee length dress? For prom, the longer the prettier? Maybe more elegant is a better phrase.
Sleeves or Sleeveless?
You should also think about what kind of sleeves you want. Will you be wearing a jacket or a shawl? All of these things can help determine the best dress for you. This is where you and your daughter will decide whether you want her (or she wants) to go strapless, one shoulder, off the shoulder, spaghetti string, etc.
Simple or Colorful?
The perfect prom dress is also a representation of your personality. I’m a somber person, so I love simple neutral colors. Whatever your personality is, the dress you choose is sure to help you bring it out.
In the end the choice is ultimately yours. Here are a few tips to remember though:
- If you’re bust heavy or pleasantly plump, opt for an empire waist line. It will take the attention away from the areas you don’t like.
- If you opt for a sleeveless dress buy a matching bolero jacket or a shawl. It may be Spring time ladies,but it’s still cold out!
- Don’t over accessorize! A necklace, earrings, and simple bangle should do it. Or just a necklace and a clutch. Simple is beautiful.
- Don’t go over the top in colors! There will be many girls with multi-colored dresses. Don’t be like them. Be Sophisticatedly beautiful!
- Don’t buy a dress you can only wear once! Buy one that you can wear again and again…multi-occassion is totally in! There are bound to be events or weddings, and well, you just saved your pocket some money from buying your daughter another dress!
I hope these tips have helped you out with your prom dress picking decisions.