We’ve talked about when the best time to buy a car is, but did you know that you can use the holidays to your advantage when purchasing a car? A lot of the same rules apply, but here are some steps that Adel Chrysler Dealership and I have come up with. These tips make your holiday car shopping a breeze!
Use Day One to Research
I don’t know how you all car shop, but I like to do my research. I search for rebate incentives, trade-in incentive, and I set my budget. Sometimes I look at different cars and may not settle on the one that has my heart. Affordability and budgeting is key. Take a look at these steps to use on day one:
- Financing decision
- Set your budget
- READ REVIEWS
- Check incentives
- Plan your test drive
Use Day Two to Test Drive and Pick Out Your Car
By day two you should have an idea of at least three cars you’d like to test drive and see the price tag of. Here’s all you should be doing:
- Test drive your target cars
- Follow-up on research
- ASK THE CAR SALESMAN QUESTIONS
- Locate your car, if the one you want isn’t on the lot
Use Day Three To Purchase Your Car
By now most of your research is done, and your questions have all been answered. You’re probably ready to sign off on the paperwork and take your car home. Here’s a few final steps you should follow to make sure everything goes smoothly:
- Review all of your price quotes
- Handle your paperwork – make sure you have everything the dealer needs to ensure a smooth process (income, address verification, etc.)
- Inspect the car – make sure it has everything you requested; no scratches or dents.
- Review the contract – make sure you can actually afford all the extras you’ve requested (presuming you did).
- Sign the paperwork.
- Enjoy your new car!
Not only is this good advice to follow for holiday car shopping, but also throughout the year too. The dealer will also feel at ease knowing they’re working with someone who understands that everyone plays a part.