It’s been a pretty mild Winter in the Eastern Midwest – what an oxymoron huh? In all seriousness, we’re expected to get some drastically cold weather, and I know that some parts of Ohio have already been affected. More than likely our electricity and gas bills are bound to skyrocket within the next couple of months. What probably seemed like you had your budget under control is no longer true. Fortunately, we can count on providers like Direct Energy to help offset these horrible winter costs.
There are plans available for every budget and every family. Last year I talked about budgeting and making your home a smart home so that it becomes more energy efficient. This year I’m going to talk to you about how Direct Energy will help you stay on budget!
1. Install a smart thermostat. Smart thermostats offer you climate control, the convenience of programming away from home, and more.
2. Installing light dimmers can save cut your electricity use 40% over time and make your light bulbs last 20 times longer.
3. Replace your old, inefficient appliances with new, efficient, Energy Star® appliances. Old appliances tend to run inefficiently.
4. Make sure you have a strong Wi-fi signal from your smart thermostat and smart devices. Because you can remotely control your smart thermostat via the internet, periodically check the signal strength in the network settings on the thermostat’s control screen.
5. Your living room typically has multiple active light sources available. Make sure your lighting is energy efficient by switching traditional bulbs to CFLs or LEDs.
6. Even when your appliances are turned off, they are still using electricity. Use smart power strips to combat energy vampires.
7. Sign up with Plenti and enjoy rewards for being a Direct Energy Customer! More rewards mean more savings at the places you love to shop!
Following these tips and signing up with Direct Energy can definitely let you kick start the New Year with an abundance of savings!