Sam’s Club Did It For Me Again!
I had the opportunity to go to Sam’s Club for the second time in one week! I was excited, I mean Sam’s Club is any wife’s dream come true! Send her there two times in a row, and she’s in heaven! The one thing I love about Sam’s is that they always carry my favorite brands, like Tyson. On my last shopping trip, I picked up a lot, and I mean A LOT of different kinds of Tyson chicken. Today I wanted to see what else I could find…something more for breakfast.
As luck would have it I ran into this demo:
Tyson has fully cooked sausage patties! The plate on the demo picture looked delicious alone, but what the demonstrator was even more appealing! She was serving the sausage with an English Muffin and melted Kraft American Cheese! We tried and sure enough it was delicious. The sausage patty was perfectly seasoned and the cheese definitely complimented the flavors. What I found even more enticing is that the sausage has no artificial fillers and all ingredients are 100% natural. That’s perfect when you’re trying to feed your family healthy meals. What I think is wonderful about the sausage patties, is that realistically all you have to do is warm them up! They’re perfect for a grab and go breakfast during the week. Protein is a must in the morning, and keeps you fuller longer until your next meal.
As I picked up a four pound bag Tyson sausage patties I kept trying to decide how I would use it. The perfect thought came to mind. I walked over to the fresh produce area, and I picked up some peppers and eggs.
I Decided To Make a Fritatta With Sausage
The literal translation of fritatta is “fried,” however, around here we don’t fry our foods, we bake whenever possible! A fritatta is basically an over sized omelet. It’s easy to make and while it’s baking, you can actually sit with the kids and watch a Saturday morning cartoon with them! I love making sit down breakfasts, unfortunately it usually happens just on the weekends. I know this is true for most of you, so the next time have you have a nice long weekend try this recipe out!
Fritatta Players: What You’ll Need
- A round deep oven pan – greased
- 12 eggs
- Tyson Sausage Patties – diced
- 1 Onion – diced
- Sweet Peppers – diced (You can use your choice of peppers, I used one red, orange, and yellow)
- Parmesan Cheese – 1/2 cup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup half and half
Fritatta Game Plan: Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease your oven pan
- Beat the eggs with the half and halg, salt, and pepper,and Parmesan cheese.
- Add your diced veggies and sausage to the egg mixture, stir it to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Pour the fritatta batter into the pan and cover with aluminum foil. This ensures that everything cooks evenly.
- Place it in the oven and set your timer for 30 minutes.
- At the 30 minute mark remove the aluminum foil and let it bake for an additional 10 minutes to get it nice and golden.
- At the end of the 40 minute baking time remove the fritatta from the oven
- Marvel at your culinary excellence
- Slice it and serve it with toast or Italian bread.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe and that you get to try Tyson’s fully cooked sausage patties by finding them at your local Sam’s Club. To view my entire shopping experience at Sam’s Club please feel free to visit my Google+ album and follow me on there for more fun shops and posts! You will not be disappointed! Keep up with all new recipes and products with Tyson by linking up with them on:
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® and Tyson #cbias #SocialFabric #DoItAllMom. All opinions stated above are 100% my own.